Wharf strives to produce the highest quality products using the best materials and the highest standards of workmanship. That is why we are proud and confident to offer you the reassurance of this warranty statement.
The warranty statement applies to Wharf Seamless Select, Wharf Seamless Makeover and Wharf Seamless Twenty products. These products are collectively known as Wharf Seamless products.
Each Wharf Seamless product installation will have the following warranties.
- A 10-year limited homeowner warranty for the decorative solid surfacing materials and the fabrication and installation workmanship.
- A 3-year limited homeowner warranty for the sink and bowls.
These warranties rely on the following conditions being met.
- The decorative solid surfaces must be fabricated and installed by Wharf.
- Décors that contain metallic flakes have reflective properties, which may cause the colour of the solid surfacing materials to alter depending on the angle of view. This effect is not covered under the Wharf 10 year limited homeowner warranty for decorative solid surfacing materials.
- Material will be replaced if it is found to be faulty, but labour charges will not be covered either during or after fabrication and installation.
- The 10-year limited homeowner warranty for decorative solid surfacing materials will not cover the use of dark décors if they are used in high traffic areas where scratching may occur.
- Dark colours and high gloss finishes will potentially show scratches if a worktop saver has not been used. Scratches or abrasions are not covered under the Wharf 10-year limited homeowner warranty for decorative solid surfacing materials, regardless of the décor.
- The Wharf maintenance and prevention of damage instructions that follow this warranty statement must be followed.
- Although Wharf will make its best effort to repair or replace with the best possible décor match to the original as possible, Wharf cannot guarantee the exact colour match in the event of repair or replacement.
Wharf maintenance and prevention of damage instructions
Minor accidental damage is usually repairable by Wharf at an hourly service rate. However, please follow these guidelines to prevent damage in the first place.
HEAT Wharf Seamless products have excellent heat resistant properties compared to some other work surface products. However, placing hot pans as well as some heat generating appliances such as electric grills or deep fryers can damage the surface. Always use a hot pad or a trivet with rubber feet to protect your surface. Avoid subjecting your Wharf Seamless products to any source of extreme heat. Always run cold water when pouring boiling water into the sink or bowl.
CHEMICALS Avoid exposing your Wharf Seamless products to strong chemicals such as paint removers, acetone, oven cleaners or drain, stove and toilet cleaning products. Surfaces that have accidently been exposed to these chemicals should be flushed promptly with water, using appropriate safety measures to avoid injury. Remove nail polish with a non-acetone based remover and flush with water.
SCRATCHES AND IMPACT DAMAGE Never cut or chop directly on a Wharf Seamless product. Always use a cutting board. Avoid dropping heavy objects on the surface.
SOLID SURFACE SINKS AND BOWLS Follow these instructions to preserve your Wharf Seamless products sink and bowl.
EVERYDAY CARE AND BASIC STAINS Clean regularly with a mild detergent such as those used for hand dishwashing.
STUBBORN STAINS AND MINOR SCRATCHES Apply a mild abrasive cleaner such as Cif on the area and buff in a circular motion with a burgundy Scotch-Brite® pad. Buff over the entire sink or bowl to blend the finish and then rinse with clean water.
MAINTAINING A CLEAN FINISH To keep sinks and bowls bright and clean, occasionally apply liquid bleach and water using the following straight forward steps.
- Fill sink or bowl to 25% with water and add 1 to 2 cups of bleach.
- Carefully (without splashing) scrub the entire surface with a burgundy Scotch-Brite® pad and sponge.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Then drain and rinse in clean water.